Sunday, January 16, 2005

Since we are still talkin' history how about the 78' super sport

Well I found this 1978 CB750f basket case in a barn outside of Canton Ohio. There were piles of bikes and parts in the garage and there by the door sat this cb750. Wires were hanging out of it, mouse nest in the air box, this monster king and queen seat, I can't believe I brought this home with me, but i did.

...oh did I mention the bars, man those are ugly...

...the barn where she was resting in the background...

...one of the first days at her new home, my garage. I told you that seat was big...

First things first this wiring has to go. I found some great articles on wiring these bikes on Honda Chopper web site, there is a huge wealth of information there, check it out. I even found a diagram for building a Santee Electrical Box. Check out these pictures.

...I told you there were wire everywhere...

...This was all the left over wires after building my Santee Box, these wires were unnecessary to make the bike run so why have them there?...you got me...

...Santee Box complete with all wiring and switches...

...the other side...

So one day while digging in my basement for what ever it was, I found this old police spot light, just the thing i needed for my project. Who would have known carrying that thing around for years would pay off.


One of the last projects I worked on was the fender. I must have looked at 500 fenders looking for the right one. Well I finally determined I needed to make one. I didn't have the experience to build it out of steel, but fiberglass, I can do that. I made my mold out of foam insulation, coated it in vaseline and went to work. Please if you try this do it in a ventilated area and where a mask, I was high as a kite working on this project.

...I was going to go to work...

...but i got high...

...Final Product...

There were lots of other projects that went into this bike, and plenty of stories, maybe if you ask nice and buy Ken and i some drinks we will tell them to you. Be sure to ask about the time I caught on fire, thats a good one.

Here is the progress, I put on about 300 miles this summer, I didn't really get it on the road till well after the 4th of July, this year will be the year of the chopper.

...

...YES, it's low, I can't even clear a pack of smokes standing on end with those pipes...

...and yes I plan on fixing the dents in the tank and of course it will be painted the only color a chopper should be, matte black...

2 Comments:

Blogger Dude said...

nice work, dude

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most hideous fender I've ever seen.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home