Saturday, April 02, 2005

'78 Body Work

Well time for some tank improvements, the blue had to go first, and with the investment of a Millermatic 135 mig welder and a simple slide hammer the dents were worked out.


This side had the huge dent, I'm in the first stages of stripping the tank.

Here is a close up after cutting the bolt off I welded on to pull the dent with a slide hammer.

The other side, notice the nice hole I made removing the tank emblems, thank you JB Weld for the the repair.

Now on to the after stages of bondo and lots of sanding. I am by no means an experienced body man, but I think I did ok. Worlds better then the dented ugly rattlecan blue tank.

Patience Patience Patience, nice finger print right....well wait for the primer to dry dumbass.

This was the side with the monster dent, not too bad if I do say so myself. There are still several more coats of primer needed, bondo really sucks up the paint. Stay tuned for the finished product, it can only get better from here....I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home